Voice Automated and Nuance are pleased to announce the upcoming availability of Dragon Medical One (DMO) 2022.3 SR1 and LTSR 2021.4 SR4 expected for release on Feb. 16, 2023
With this, Nuance also want to emphasize the need to upgrade Chrome and Edge browsers to version 104 or higher.
Upgrade to DMO LTSR 2021.4 SR4 (same as DMO 2021.4 SR4) : Customers using DMO 2021.x older versions have an option to upgrade to the latest DMO LTSR 2021.4 SR4 if their environment is more compatible with it compared to DMO 2022.3 SR1.
- Upgrade to Chrome 104 and Edge 104 for the next Dragon (DMO, DMD, DPA, DLA) Web Extension
Effective January 2023, Google is upgrading its extension framework. In light of this, Dragon (DMO, DMD, DPA, DLA) Web Extension’s November release already has necessary changes and will require Google Chrome version 104 or Edge version 104 or higher. While Chrome and Edge are typically upgraded automatically without user interaction, its possible that organizations may have blocked auto-updates. Organizations must be sure to allow the update of existing Chrome and Edge browsers to version 104 or higher. Failing to do so, would result in the launching of the dictation box while dictating.
- Long Term Service Release(LTSR)
As we introduce feature enhancements based on the newly architected Dragon Medical One 2022, we are also happy to announce that Dragon Medical One 2021.4 has been designated as the Long Term Service Release (LTSR). Support is expected to continue until June 30, 2024
There will be no new feature enhancements planned for the LTSR. Critical defects and security gaps will be addressed via regular service packs based on DMO 2021.4 to maintain the highest stability of the client environment.
Refer to the End of Support/End of Life table below. To plan your next Dragon Medical One upgrade, contact the experts at Voice Automated.
End of support reminder:
- The Internet Explorer (IE) 11 web browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft starting June 15, 2022. Nuance has validated DMO 2022.2 against all the cases stated by Microsoft to ensure that disabling IE does not impact inbuilt resources such as the DMO Help menu, installers pop-ups and others.
- Windows 8.1 is reaching end of life in January 2023. For customers still on this version, you must consider upgrading to the latest windows.
Dragon Medical One now uses WebView2 to display richer content with improved usability in the Dragon Medical One personalization window. To support this improvement, you must deploy the WebView2 runtime component to machines that host Dragon Medical One. Failing to do so will not impact the core functionality of Dragon Medical One. Still, it will potentially impact Dragon Medical One users interacting with content displayed in the Dragon Medical One personalization and help window. To deploy WebView2 to machines hosting Dragon Medical One, install the WebView2 Evergreen Standalone component.
Microsoft .NET Framework version
- Dragon Medical One requires Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.7.2 or higher. Machines that do not have this version installed will not be able to start Dragon Medical One. The Dragon Medical One MSI installer verifies that .NET Framework 4.7.2 is installed on the machine before installation and will fail without the correct version. Please make sure that your environment is updated.
- The upcoming version of Dragon Medical One requires .NET 6 runtime. Nuance encourages customers to install it and be system ready for future versions.
Change of default settings for Citrix virtual channels
Starting with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 2109, the ‘Virtual channel allow list’ policy setting will be enabled by default. Custom/third-party virtual channels will no longer work with the default configuration.
The following options are available:
- Disable the ‘Virtual channel allow list’ policy setting to allow all virtual channels again. To disable the policy, open your Citrix Studio and go to Policies. Edit/Create a policy and set the Virtual channel allow list value to Disabled.
- Add the Nuance virtual channels to the allow list; for more information, see the Citrix documentation or you can contact Nuance Technical Support.
Voice Automated – Dragon Medical One Team